Update on our Goals
A few weeks ago, Mike Berthelsen shared the University Services vision, mission, and values, which guide how all teams within U Services, including FM, strive to “Make the University Work.” These drive the creation of our annual strategy and ensure everything we do supports the same ideals.
Below are the four primary goals in the University Services Strategic Plan, with a sample of current FM initiatives aligned with those goals. While each employee won’t work on every project, together these programs are an important part of what makes FM essential to advancing the University of Minnesota to excellence in teaching, research, and outreach.
Provide Mission Advancing Places
- Implement EAM (Enterprise Asset Management)
- Start up new Main Energy Plant
- Complete S.E. Gateway Utility Master Plan
- Advance sustainability through efforts like clean energy procurement and organics recycling
Ensure a Safe University
- Advance Security Infrastructure Program (new key policy, cameras, card access)
- Formalize Hard Surface Program (prioritize and repair concrete surfaces)
- Support building emergency plan updates
Deliver an Exceptional Campus Experience
- Partner with Admissions to make campus more welcoming to prospective students
- Formalize facility roles in each department and building to ensure consistent communication between customers and FM
- Provide consistent custodial services and continuously improve cleaning methods
Engage and Support Employees
- Formalize processes for onboarding new employees and new employee orientation program
- Advance FM Training program (Our new training manager started last week!)
Thank you to the teams working on these goals and to all of you who fulfill our mission and vision by working hard each day to create an exceptional campus experience.
Have a great week,
As a trade expectation for electricians working for the University of Minnesota, electricians are required to maintain a current First Aid/CPR certification. The next First Aid/CPR training sessions are on April 25, 26 and May 2, 3, 2017. All training sessions will be held at the 4th Street Switch location, will begin promptly at 7:15 A.M and are approximately 5 hours in length. To register, contact Sarah Jones at email@example.com or 612-624-3530 by Friday, April 14, 2015.
Wellness Reminder: Don’t forget to complete the online Wellness Assessment by March 31. You don’t want to lose this opportunity to get 150 points!
Have an item to share with all FM? Send it to Christie Wells to be included in the Weekly.