Labor Day and Football Tickets Discount
With the state fair in full swing, students returning to class and a slight brisk feeling in the morning air, you know that summer is coming to an end. Labor Day marks the unofficial end to the summer, and for many a long weekend with barbeques and time with friends and family. It is also a time to celebrate contributions American workers have made to the strength and prosperity of our nation. Labor unions spent decades advocating for employee rights, and in 1894 Labor Day was established as a national holiday to honor the labor movement.
This is also a time for us to reflect on and appreciate all the hard work the entire FM staff has accomplished this summer. Here’s a handful of FM highlights by the numbers:
- 913,000 - square feet of classroom flooring deep-cleaned throughout the Districts by Custodial personnel;
- $70,682 - in merchandise sold to the general public at the ReUse Store June-August, with another $38,900 in sticker price materials returned to the University;
- 14,000 - classroom desks checked for structural safety and smooth operation by Maintenance;
- 7,514 - square yards (over 1 and a half acres) of sod laid throughout campus by Landcare staff and student workers;
- 1,200 - dorm rooms re-painted by U-Con’s painting team with another 1,000 touched up;
- 60% - reduction in energy usage from lighting in parking ramps. Energy Management teamed with Parking and Transportation Services to switch out 32W metal halide and fluorescent lights to 12.5W LED bulbs.
- Countless other hours spent on summer projects to improve our campus.
Gopher Season Ticket Discount
Also note that the University is offering a 20% discount to staff for Gophers football season tickets. The discount is also applied if you have already purchased the tickets. Click here for more information or call 612-624-8080.
So here’s to our Labor Day labors. Good work everyone! I hope you have a safe and enjoyable Labor Day weekend.