FM Wellness Challenge
If you’re like me, the new year brings another chance to set optimistic new year’s resolutions. Part of the way we can actually meet our goals is to have a good plan to get there. The U’s Wellness Program provides all the tools you need to meet your health goals and ensure you receive a significant discount on your 2018 health insurance premiums. I was happy to learn 299 eligible FM employees completed the program for 2016, approximately twice our 2015 number. Congratulations team, great work!
This year, I want to capitalize on that momentum and do even better. I would like to double our number again and see 600 of us complete the program. That’s a big challenge, but I have confidence we can do it. Sign up today to start working toward the benefits of the program. Participation can increase your take-home pay and more importantly, improve your overall well-being.
There are many ways to earn points, and the chart below shows how those points turn into reduced health insurance costs. You have until August 31 to qualify for the reduced 2018 insurance rates but I encourage everyone to start now. Whether you get a flu shot, complete the wellness assessment or take advantage of one of the many other activities, I can say from personal experience it feels great to know you’re taking care of yourself while you work toward a real financial benefit.
For a quick jump on points, Boynton has scheduled biometric screenings for second and third shift employees (150 points) and added flu shot clinics (25 points) for all employees.
- Biometric screenings are available for 2nd and 3rd shift employees (check with your supervisor for sign up sheets).
- Monday, Jan. 30, 4:30 - 6:30 pm, St. Paul Student Center, Room 202
- Monday, Feb. 6, 9:30 - 11:00 pm, Boynton Clinic, Room W120
- Monday, Feb. 13, 4:30 - 6:30 pm, Boynton Clinic, Room W120
All employees may sign up for alternate biometric screening times through Boynton.
You may also get the screening from your doctor, just ask them to complete this form.
- It’s still not too late to get a flu shot. Flu vaccination clinics will be held in the Boynton Health East Bank main lobby from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the dates below. No appointment needed, just walk in and get your flu shot.
- Tuesday, Jan. 17 through Friday Jan. 20
- Monday, Jan. 23 through Friday, Jan. 27
Watch for additional information each month about the benefits of the Wellness Program from your supervisor and the FM communications team.
Have a great week,