Community Fund Drive
Last week the 2016 Community Fund Drive kicked off with the theme "Together, Making A Difference”. We in FM strive to make the University more safe, reliable and welcoming. We now have an opportunity to help lives in communities outside of the University through our participation in the Community Fund Drive. Our goal is to increase participation, and I wish to emphasize that no gift is too small.
FM traditionally hosts a variety of fun events to engage all of us. Some have prize drawings. This year, FM CFD Volunteer Captains are as follows: Ashley Hightower (East Bank), Shari Sayles (Health Sciences), Nissa Sale (West Bank), Eric Eishchens (St. Paul), Jacky Olson (North District), Stephan Adair (FM Admin), Jen Pierson (Energy Mgmt), and Todd Tanner (Central Services). Thanks to these leaders and their creative volunteer crews. You will hear more details about local events from these volunteers.
Please take a few minutes to pledge today to the Community Fund Drive at cfd.umn.edu using your University ID and password. If you prefer paper, you can fill out a form and return it via campus mail. Help us improve our community before the Community Fund Drive ends on October 31.
The U-wide CFD organizers also have a number of prizes to encourage donations. Each week donors will be entered in a drawing along with a final grand prize drawing for an iPad, tickets to a Gopher Men's basketball game, tuition to the Carlson School's MBA Essentials Program, and more. If you give earlier, you'll be entered into more prize drawings.
Please consider participating in the CFD online or at one of these FM Community Fund Drive Events.
- West Bank PM Shift Treat Day, Monday, October 11, 8:30 pm.
- Health Sciences Chili Cook Off, Moos Tower B 135 Break Room, October 12, noon.
- West Bank Pancake Breakfast, Heller Hall, Wednesday, October 12 at 7:00 am.
- North Campus Build Your Own Breakfast Sandwich, Landcare Building Muster Rm, Tuesday, October 18, 7:30 am.
- West Bank Annual Hot Wheels Car Race, Wilson Library Hall “Speedway” Basement, Wednesday, October 19, at 11:30 am and 8:30 pm.
- East Bank BBQ, Scott Hall, Thursday, October 20, 11:30 am.
- St Paul Team 1 - 2nd shift will be grilling burgers and hot hogs, Shops Building Lunchroom on Monday, October 24, 8:00 pm
- St Paul Team 2 - 2nd/3rd shift staff,Taco Bar, Ruttan Hall, Room 10, Monday, October 24, 9:30 pm
- West Bank AM Shift Ice Cream Social, Muster Room, Tuesday, October 25, 11:30 am.
- Central Services Colossal Cafe Breakfast Burritos, Food Ops Rm 155, Wednesday, October 26, 6:30 am.
- Health Sciences 2nd Shift Chicken Dinner, Moos 2nd Floor Freshii, Wednesday, October 26, 5:30 pm.
- Donhowe Cook-Off, Room 317/318, Thursday, October 27, 11:00 am Donation or participation to judge.