New Safety Incentive Program
Every FM team hit the top level (540 days) of the last two-year safety program. Congratulations! A new Safety Incentive Program for Facilities Management began January 1, 2016 and runs through December 31, 2017. The new program operates similar to the previous program. Over the next two years, work teams will be awarded safety incentives for achieving work day milestones without a lost time injury. As teams achieve milestones, work team members will be awarded a safety incentive as follows:
- Level 1: 0-180 safe days achieves an insulated lunchbox
- Level 2: 181-360 safe days achieves a gray polo shirt
- Level 3: 361-540 safe days achieves a winter jacket
Some of the rules to the new program are:
1. Only team members currently on the team the day the milestone is achieved are eligible for an award.
2. If a team member transfers to a new team, the team member is:
a. assigned to the new team’s current level of achieved safe days.
b. ineligible to receive the same level safety incentive twice.
c. ineligible for past milestones achieved by the new team.
d. ineligible for their old team’s milestone achievement once they have left.
3. All full-time and part-time Facilities Management employees are eligible for the program. Student workers whom have worked a minimum of 30 days for Facilities Management prior to their work team reaching the milestone are also eligible.
Look for monthly Safety Incentive Program updates which will keep you informed on your work team’s injury record and current status towards achieving the next milestone without a lost time injury. Monthly Safety Incentive Program updates are posted on employee bulletin boards throughout FM.